This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 642224
1st FREEWAT Users and Developers International Workshop
On September 21st 2017, the 1st FREEWAT Users and Developers International Workshop took place in Barcelona, Spain. This workshop was the occasion to present in detail the most relevant outcomes and tools developed within the FREEWAT project, also to non-FREEWAT partners.
Presentations about FREEWAT applications to case studies were delivered, followed by an open discussion concerning FREEWAT applicability and exploitation at National and International levels. The open discussion also focused on issues such as how helpful was FREEWAT to facilitate data analysis and model development, and to streamline the application of the EU Water Framework Directive.
At the same time, the FREEWAT partners took the opportunity to interact with participants interested in joining the FREEWAT users and developers community for, i.e., contributing to sustain and to increase the tools available in FREEWAT.
Much has been said also about FREEWAT future: the development of several synergies with other projects at National and International levels will pave the road to new cooperation and initiatives.
Among these, the announcement of the forthcoming FREEWAT Association for supporting platform maintenance and dissemination activities, and for fostering further development and application, was welcomed with enthusiasm by all of the partners.
The workshop programme is available here.
- General introduction and workshop outline - R. Rossetto
- FREEWAT architecture in details and potential new development - I. Borsi
- Work Package 4 and 5: General presentation - M. Cannata
- Banat plain - The Romanian case study. FREEWAT platform application - E. Radu, V. Manea
- Selisoo case study - UTARU - A. Marandi
- Application of the FREEWAT platform in Lavrio, Greece - C. Pouliaris
- Case study Vrbanski plato Slovenia - M. Vremec
- Case study: Velké Žernoseky. The H2020 FREEWAT platform - D. Kahuda
- Bremerhaven Case Study - B. Panteleit
- Lugano Lake case study - M. Cannata
- The Follonica-Scarlino coastal plain case study and the H2020 FREEWAT participated approach. A common space for the participants to bring their experience and values to generate a shared knowledge on the value of water - P. Positano
- Modeling Surface Water-Groundwater Interactions at the Palas Basin (Turkey) Using FREEWAT - F. Dadaser-Celik
- Guidance on model-supported application of EU water-related Directives for water quantity and quality - L. Foglia
- Discussion inputs - A. Gigliuto