This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 642224
A new version of the FREEWAT plugin (v.1.2.0) is available since November 14th 2019.
This release includes the following major enhancements:
- it is now possible to use MODFLOW parameter SS as Specific Storage instead of Storage Coefficient (thanks to Manuel Oliveira and Tiago Martins – Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil);
- the FREEWAT platform now supports also the Horizontal Flow Barrier (HFB) package of MODFLOW (thanks to Iacopo Borsi - TEA SISTEMI S.p.A.);
- the option to define General Head Boundary (GHB) on a selection of the grid, instead of having a linear input, is now available (thanks to Iacopo Borsi - TEA SISTEMI S.p.A.);
- it is now possible to visualize top and bottom cross sections of the grid, even before the model run (thanks to Iacopo Borsi - TEA SISTEMI S.p.A.);
- the capability to export MODFLOW results in VTK format is now integrated among the post-processing tools (thanks to Iacopo Borsi - TEA SISTEMI S.p.A.).
Minor bugs have been fixed by Giovanna De Filippis (Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna) within the framework of the SMAQua (SMart ICT tools per l'utilizzo efficiente dell'AcQua) project, co-financed by Regione Toscana, ASA S.p.A. and ERM Italia S.p.A. (2018-2020).
Manuel Oliveira, Tiago Martins and Bjorn Panteleit are kindly acknowledged for bugs notification.
FREEWAT User Manual – Volume 1 has been updated accordingly.
As usual, FREEWAT v.1.2.0 can be downloaded, along with the installation guide and a complete set of up-to-date User Manuals and Tutorials (some of them are also available in Italian), through accessing the Software -> Download area page of the FREEWAT website.
To access the Download area page of the FREEWAT website, login is needed.
New Users can register through this link.
Already registered Users don’t need to register again, they can use the same username and password received by e-mail after the first registration (NOTE: the username required is NOT the email contact).
The most updated version of the FREEWAT plugin can also be downloaded from the official QGIS plugins' repository.
Please, notice that the present version of the FREEWAT plugin is not yet compatible with QGIS 3.
As such, FREEWAT Users have to download the QGIS version 2.18 Las Palmas. QGIS sub-version 2.18.21 is recommended.
The executable of QGIS 2.18.21 or former versions can be downloaded through this link: http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/windows/
We wish to inform that we are working on porting FREEWAT to QGIS 3. We will advertise about this in the following months.
You can keep posted about FREEWAT activities, having a look at the News & Events page of the FREEWAT website and joining our LinkedIn group (EU H2020 FREEWAT), Twitter account (@H2020Freewat) and Facebook page (FREEWAT).
If you are interested in joining the development team or wishing to contribute to software development, please contact us (email@example.com).
Join also the FREEWAT Users Group and the FREEWAT Developers Group!